Friday, April 25, 2008

No Justice in Sean Bell Slaying

I doubt many of you remember the case, but in 2006, Sean Bell an unarmed man, was shot down outside a nightclub in Queens, NY the night before his wedding. Not only did the murder raise eyebrows because Bell was unarmed, but also there were 50 bullets shot at Bell, "overkill" to say the least. This morning, though, the three officers involved were acquitted of all charges and will walk freely. The justice system in regards to police officers is becoming more and more of a joke, believe me, I appreciate what the police are doing in our communities and view them as the vital key to society that they are, but you have to draw a line somewhere. I'm not going to sit here and say "I hate cops", or anything foolish like that, but one has to admit there are a plenty of bad apples who are on power trips, this is a very applicable example. It's time the justice system take notice.

No comments: