Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Spike Lee Weighs In On The Democratic Primary Race

Regardless of what you think about celebrities and their opinions on political issues or campaigns, there is no denying they have some effect (however large or small it may be), this though got a chuckle out of me. Courtesy of Spike Lee ladies and gentleman...

What do you think of Obama?

I’m riding my man Obama. I think he’s a visionary. Actually, Barack told me the first date he took Michelle to was Do the Right Thing. I said, “Thank God I made it. Otherwise you would have taken her to Soul Man. Michelle would have been like, ‘What’s wrong with this brother?’ ”

Does this mean you’re down on the Clintons?
The Clintons, man, they would lie on a stack of Bibles. Snipers? That’s not misspeaking; that’s some pure bulls***. I voted for Clinton twice, but that’s over with. These old black politicians say, “Ooh, Massuh Clinton was good to us, massuh hired a lot of us, massuh was good!” Hoo! Charlie Rangel, David Dinkins—they have to understand this is a new day. People ain’t feelin’ that stuff. It’s like a tide, and the people who get in the way are just gonna get swept out into the ocean.


Credit where credit is due: http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0408/Spike_Lee_Hillary_Massuh_Clinton_would_lie_on_a_stack_of_Bibles.html

No comments: