Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The 44th President of the United States of America; Barack Obama

11:00 PM EST, NBC News has called it, Barack Obama is our president. This is one of the greatest moments of my life, I'm sitting here in my dorm with goosebumps running up and down my arms and legs. Probably one of the most monumental occurrences in the history of our country, I honestly can't believe what I'm watching. Grant Park in Chicago, Illinois is going crazy right now, I wish I had the words to describe how I'm feeling at this exact moment, but I'm not that gifted of a writer. A simple message of hope and change, that's what this campaign started as and it grew and grew and grew across cities and towns all across the country. This campaign was never about Barack Obama, it's about all of the people who never had a voice in the decision making. I am on cloud nine right now, this is the most proud I have ever been to be an American citizen. Surreal.

No comments: