Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fantasy Trade Alert

Today I solidified my starting lineup by swinging a trade to land Antonio Gates, one of the premiere fantasy tight ends of the last decade. In exchange I sent my backup quarterback, Kurt Warner, and waiver wire fodder Hank Baskett, to a team sorely needing quarterback help after his starter, Tom Brady, was lost for the season and his backup, Vince Young, is out for 3 weeks. That's what being a fantasy owner is all about, you find a team that needs help sorely at a given position and then pry away the player from them you most need. I also picked up Chad Pennington to back-up Ben Roethlisberger. After week one, I'm 1-0 heading into a matchup against a team that failed to reach 60 points last week (as opposed to my 97 - second highest in the league), needless to say I'm feeling confident about my season.

2 comments: